Topic: greyhound is good :)

Thank you so much for the script!!!

I tried 4-5 others and yours is the only one that actually worked well (without intensive cpu loads and/or major glitches and/or certain sql requirements).

It's great how it is (I hope you're still interested and working on it) and any enhancements would just be gravy...like searching or queue. I read the other posts and understand the difficulties. I farted around with jquery to sort by title, album, etc, but didn't get anywhere fast...;)

Anyway, thanks again.

Regards,
yesca

Re: greyhound is good :)

got to agree, thanks for this most excellent plugin for web control of Amarok

special request: can a shuffle toggle button be added?

this would be so handy!

cheers

green

I'll look into the possibility of a shuffle and repeat toggle. It depends primarily on whether I can find a DCOP function to get and set both of those.

Queue management is a HUGE challenge. You have to be able to pull the whole library, which means accessing the SQL database, which means a database abstraction layer... you get the picture, before long it's almost like writing Enano all over again. Plus you probably need a filesystem browser, which has BIG security implications. Thus, I really don't plan to implement this any time soon.

However, I don't see any problem with adding a search field that lets you grep through the current playlist. It would pretty much behave the same way Amarok's search field does.

--Dan

4 (edited by Dan 2009-09-15 06:24:38)

Got to accede with you, acknowledgment for this a lot of accomplished plugin for web ascendancy of Amarok . Can a drag toggle button be added? This would be so handy!

Yunice09 wrote:

Got to accede with you, acknowledgment for this a lot of accomplished plugin for web ascendancy of Amarok . Can a drag toggle button be added? This would be so handy!

Could you elaborate a bit? I don't get quite what a "drag toggle" button would be.

Edit: I'm also blanking your signature for advertising.

Dan